Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Programs in Sacramento
F = Feral cats accepted
- F ACT Spay/Neuter Clinic in Stockton. No proof of income or residence required. Call for appointment. Low-cost vaccines available.
- F A-PAL Humane Society of Amador County Free spay/neuter for pitbulls, feral cats, and dogs and cats of Media-Cal recipients.
- Animal Care Partners Mobile clinic offering free cat spay/neuter surgeries by appointment only. Call (916) 504-2844.
- F Animal Outreach of the Mother Lode, Diamond Springs. Low-cost spay/neuter, vaccinations, microchips and testing. Appointment required. (530) 642-2287
- F Animal Spay and Neuter Clinic. Appointment required. Low cost spay/neuter, vaccines and other services available at 2 locations. Sacramento: (916) 368-7314. Auburn: (530) 889-8800. If you need transportation services from the Hollywood Park area (95822) contact KittyWits at (916) 457-2385 or email@example.com before making your appointment. FOR A LIMITED TIME: FREE spay/neuter for owned and feral cats belonging to Sacramento County.
- Cats About Town Society (916) 224-1999. $50 for cat or kitten surgeries. Appointment required. Drop off animals at PetSmart in Natomas for transport to clinic.
- City of Rancho Cordova. FREE spay/neuter for pit bulls/mixes at the Sacramento SPCA for residents of 95670 and 95827 ZIP codes of Rancho Cordova ONLY. Advance appointments and proof of address required. Call (916) 504-2825. Other Rancho Cordova residents can call the Neighborhood Services Manager at (916) 851-8771 for resources.
- City of Sacramento Animal Care Services Low-income spay/neuter for residents within the city of Sacramento only. Proof of residency and proof of low-income status are required. This is a volunteer-managed program and is NOT operated by the shelter. FREE spay/neuter for pit bulls and pit bull mixes for residents of 95817 and 95818 zip codes: call (916) 808-7383.
- F Coalition for Community Cats Monthly clinic for feral cats at Sacramento SPCA. Sign up online.
- F Fieldhaven Feline Center Spay Neuter Assistance Program (SNAP) serves feral cat caretakers; rescuers of feral or stray cats; and low-income residents of Lincoln, Newcastle, Wheatland and Sheridan.
- F Fix Our Ferals Free spay/neuter for homeless cats in Alameda and Contra Costa Counties.
- F Folsom Feline Rescue Spay/Neuter Your Pet (SNYP) program offers low cost spay/neuter for pets. Also offers free spay/neuter of feral cats. Both programs for Folsom residents only, while funds last.
- F Forgotten Felines of Sonoma County Feral cat clinics and Good Samaritan clinics for tame, homeless cats and former feral kittens.
- Mercer Clinic for the Homeless Free spay/neuter for animals of the homeless on the second Saturday of every month from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Loaves and Fishes, 1321 West C Street, Sacramento. Proof of homelessness required.
- Mercy Pet Hospital Discounted spay and neuter, depending on species and size. Located in Citrus Heights, no income requirement. Call for pricing.
- Napa Humane Spay/Neuter Clinic Low-cost spay/neuter, vaccinations and microchips for Napa County residents.
- F Placer SPCA Spay/Neuter Assistance Program (SNAP) provides FREE spay/neuter for cats and pitbull/pitbull mix dogs, and low-cost spay/neuter for rabbits belonging to Placer County residents. Available as funding allows. Surgeries are conducted at participating vet clinics.
- F Sacramento Area Animal Coalition Voucher Program issues low-cost vouchers to residents of Sacramento and Yolo Counties as funds are available. $15 per dog and $10 per cat. Proof of income required. Feral Cat Coupon Program for colony caregivers in Sacramento and Yolo Counties when funding is available.
- F Sacramento County Animal Shelter See SAAC Voucher Program, above. Residents of unincorporated Sacramento County with pit bulls, pit bull mixes and cats DO NOT need to meet income requirement (when funding is available). Includes rabies vaccination and one-year license. Free spay/neuter for feral cats in unincorporated areas of Sacramento County when funding is available. T.E.A.M. Community Clinic takes place periodically on Sundays. Call (916) 875-5160 for information.
- F Sacramento SPCA Discounted spay/neuter for dogs, cats, and rabbits. Feral cat clinics on first and third Sunday of each month.
- F Solano Feral Cat Task Force Monthly low-cost clinics for feral, stray and pet cats in Solano and Yolo counties. Appointment required.
- Solano SPCA Low-cost spay and neuters to pets and strays that live locally and in surrounding cities. No proof of residency is required. Appointment required.
- Yolo County SPCA. Transports available several times each month from central locations in Woodland and Davis to low-cost clinics out of the area. Contact the Spay/Neuter Coordinator at (530) 902-6267 or visit Web site for more details.
F = Feral cats accepted
Download and print this information in a flier format.
This page updated January 10, 2015.