Feral Cat Program
The SAAC Feral Cat Assistance Program helps colony caregivers obtain affordable spay/neuter surgeries for feral cats. Eligible applicants receive coupons for spay/neuter surgeries, which can be redeemed at participating veterinary clinics for a small co-payment.
If you are looking for general information and advice about dealing with feral cats please visit Sacramento Feral Resources.
Important Information Regarding SAAC Feral Cat Assistance Program:
- All of Yolo County, including all cities within Yolo County
- Unincorporated areas of Sacramento County including Galt and Isleton
- Citrus Heights
- Rancho Cordova
- City of Sacramento
- Elk Grove
VET CLINICS NEEDED!
Demand for feral cat spay/neuter surgeries is growing. SAAC is recruiting more veterinary clinics to participate in the program. If your vet clinic wants to help reduce the population of community cats in the Sacramento area, please email us.
General Guidelines for Feral Cat Coupon Program
- You may receive up to two spay/neuter coupons at a time via e-mail (four coupons are available on a case by case basis).
- Coupons expire in 30 days.
- Once your coupons are used or have expired, you can request additional coupons.
- If your application is approved, you will receive SAAC Feral Assistance Guidelines. Do not trap until you have received approval from SAAC and read the guidelines thoroughly.
- We cannot issue coupons if you’ve already trapped the cats and brought them to the vet.
- It is mandatory that all cats get their ears tipped to identify them as a feral.
- You will be notified when your coupon is approved.
- There is a $10 copay per coupon except for cats from unincorporated areas of Sacramento County.
For trapping advice, help with feral kittens, and other resources, please visit Sacramento Feral Resources.
Donate to the Feral Cat Coupon Program